History

RAVENOL is the brand name of the Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH which was founded in 1946 in the small town of Werther in Westphalia by Hans Triebel. Initially the company restricted its activities to the manufacture and sale of monograde engine oils and a selection of industrial cleaning products. 

In 1964, with the modernization and expansion of the company, multigrade oils of SAE grades 10W-30 and 20W-50 were added to the range, whilst the range of car care products and cleaners was extended to include specialist items for bicycles and motorcycles. In the following years the range of car care products was steadily increased and the lubricants offered were extended to include the manufacture of semi-and fully synthetic oils. 

The 1990s saw continuous expansion of sales activities at an international level and the RAVENOL brand gradually became known throughout many areas of the world. Nowadays, many businesses from the automotive, engineering, steel and construction sectors, as well as mining, agriculture and transport companies rely on RAVENOL-branded oils and lubricants, and RAVENOL products are now available to both commercial enterprises and motorists in over 80 countries. 

We at RAVENOL recognise the growing demands being made by industries worldwide regarding diversity and quality, and are committed to extending and improving the RAVENOL product range. We understand that growth and modernisation is always a necessary ongoing process in order to be competitive in the increasingly complex technical lubricants market. 

The strategy of sustained growth was underlined by a comprehensive re-launch of the brand in autumn 2012. This forward- thinking policy is especially visible in the new product packaging, which has been modernized and optimized in both design and function. 
 

Now RAVENOL is visually innovative, with modern and reliable products, and with a passion for excellence in lubrication. We are proud of our technology - "Made in Germany"

 

© Ravenol Nordic 2020